Safety brief: 0830 (mandatory for all participants)
Event description: The Range Austin is committed to safe shooting activities and education. These monthly matches provide the opportunity to explore the fun and challenging shooting sport. Shooters will have the opportunity to use their firearms and supporting equipment in challenging courses of fire.
There will be an award for the high shooter of each monthly match to be announced during the safety brief. Our goal is for shooters to have the opportunity to progress in the following areas:
• Improve safe gun-handling skills and firearm operations
• Test and evaluate marksmanship skills
• Test and evaluate equipment choices
Each match consists of four stages designed to be practical, challenging, and of course fun! The match is open to any skill level, but shooters are expected to be safe and act professional. All shooting is conducted under the supervision of certified range safety officers using common range commands. Safety rules will be briefed prior to the match and strictly enforced.
Members and non-members are welcome. Minimum age is 21 without a parent or guardian.
Shooters will be assigned to a group during check-in. You will stay with your group and transition to each stage together. Everyone is expected to help tape and reset targets between shooters.**All prizes must be claimed within the year they are won and are non-transferable.
Number of Students: 32
Class Times: 8am-12pm
• Semi-automatic pistol (9mm recommended)
• Pistol case
• Three magazines (10 round capacity minimum)
• Eye & Ear protection
• Minimum 100 rounds of ammunition
*Mini-Red Dot Sights or Visible Lasers are permitted, but incur a point penalty per stage.
* Due to the heightened risk of negligent discharges from trigger finger actuated retention feature, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center has prohibited these types of holsters. After careful consideration and continued concern for shooter safety we at The Range Austin will no longer permit these types of holsters. Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Training Department.
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email email@example.com prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.