1 Day (9am to 3pm)
The LTC (Formerly CHL) Course is the Texas required training program for first time applicants. The course consists of a state mandated 4-6 classroom hours of instruction from a DPS certified Instructor.
• Texas laws pertaining to the Use of Force/Deadly Force and weapons;
• safety and use of handguns, holsters and secure open carrying of handguns;
• Non-violent dispute resolution;
• Safe and proper storage practices for firearms emphasizing practices that eliminate potential for accidental injury to a child.
The Firearms Proficiency portion consists of a 50-round course of fire at 3, 7 and 15 yds. A combination of lecture, A/V presentation and hands-on exercises will be utilized to keep the class safe, enjoyable and informative.
Hours: 1 day
Number of Students: 32
Class Times: 9am-3pm
• Range appropriate clothing (long pants and collared shirts with no open toe footwear)
• Note taking materials and pen/pencil
• Eye and ear protection
• Semi-automatic pistol or revolver .32 caliber or higher
• 2 magazines for semi-automatic pistol
• 50 rounds of ammunition (reloads are prohibited)