The LTC (Formerly CHL) Course is the Texas required training program for first time applicants. The concealed handgun course consists of a state mandated 4-6 classroom hours of instruction from a DPS certified Instructor.
• Texas laws pertaining to the Use of Force/Deadly Force and weapons;
• safety and use of handguns, holsters and secure open carrying of handguns;
• Non-violent dispute resolution;
• Safe and proper storage practices for firearms emphasizing practices that eliminate potential for accidental injury to a child.
The Firearms Proficiency portion consists of a 50-round course of fire at 3, 7 and 15 yds. A combination of lecture, A/V presentation and hands-on exercises will be utilized to keep the class safe, enjoyable and informative.
Hours: 1 day
Number of Students: 32
Class Times: 9am-3pm
• Range appropriate clothing (long pants and collared shirts with no open toe footwear)
• Note taking materials and pen/pencil
• Eye and ear protection
• Semi-automatic pistol or revolver .32 caliber or higher
• 2 magazines for semi-automatic pistol
• 50 rounds of ammunition (reloads are prohibited)
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.