Develop your pistol skills in this 2-day intermediate class. Day one starts with an introduction to defensive pistol use in the classroom, then the course is conducted primarily in the range. Work on marksmanship, trigger control, target acquisition, gun handling, drawing from a holster, reloading, and clearing jams. Utilizing dry fire and live fire techniques students work through various drills and courses of fire, receiving immediate feedback from instructors throughout the 2 days.
Hours: 2 days
Maximum Students: 8
Class Times: 8am-5pm
Prerequisites: Pistol 1 or similar
• Semi auto pistol – 9mm recommended
• 1,000 rounds of factory FMJ ammunition
• 25 rounds of factory hollow point ammunition
• Minimum of 5 double stack magazines
• 5 x inert training rounds
• Sturdy belt
• Single or double magazine pouch
• Handheld flashlight with pocket clip
• Ear & eye protection
• Gun cleaning kit with lubrication
• Water bottle / snacks
* Due to the heightened risk of negligent discharges from trigger finger actuated retention feature, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center has prohibited these types of holsters. After careful consideration and continued concern for shooter safety we at The Range Austin will no longer permit these types of holsters. Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Training Department.
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email@example.com prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.