The Pistol Shooting & Moving is a one-day class offered at our Austin gun range for shooting on the move with a pistol in tactical situations. The fundamentals of shooting on the move, emphasizing mobility and stability while effectively engaging targets are introduced. Instruction and opportunities to engage targets while moving from a variety of directions and speeds are a major activity of this class. Discussion on fundamentals of movement, categories of movement, movement skills and performing weapons manipulations. The student who takes this firearms training course walks way with an increased hit potential while engaging threats on the move and greater situational awareness while moving.
Number of Students: 8
Class Times: 8am-5pm
Concealed Carry 1 or equivalent
• Defensive pistol (9mm suggested) *
• 500 rounds of factory ammunition
• 5 x pistol magazines minimum
• 5 x inert training rounds
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
• Rigid belt
• On the Waistband (OWB) holster *
• Single and/or double magazine pouch
• Clear, wrap around ballistic eye protection
• Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
• Hydration system and energy snacks
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Weapons cleaning kit and quality lubrication (optional)
• Open mind
* Due to the heightened risk of negligent discharges from trigger finger actuated retention feature, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center has prohibited these types of holsters. After careful consideration and continued concern for shooter safety we at The Range Austin will no longer permit these types of holsters. Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Training Department.
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email email@example.com prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.