The Rifle Positions Workshop (RPW) is two-hours of instruction on the use of various rifle shooting positions. The workshop centers around how supported and unsupported positions ideally utilized to take advantage of cover. Instruction on standard positions such as standing, kneeling and prone is provided. Supported positions from standing & kneeling, along with improvised positions are covered if time permits. Students culminate with drills used to cycle through the various positions and techniques to achieve first round lethal strikes.
Upon completion of the Rifle Positions Workshop (RPW) the student will score an 80% better on the final positions test using standing, kneeling and prone both supported and unsupported.
Upon completion of this program of instruction, the student will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the class material through verbal discussion and/or practical exercises of the following tactics, techniques and procedures:
• Demonstrate safe gun handling skills, nomenclature and manual of operations
• Demonstrate firearm safety rules
• Demonstrate unsupported kneeling & prone positions
• Demonstrate supported kneeling & prone positions
• Practice using cover to assume various supported and unsupported positions.
• Perform practical shooting exercise using supported and unsupported positions.
Number of Students: 5
Class Times: 6-8pm
• Semi-automatic AR-15 rifle (5.56mm or 22cal recommended)*
*For the safety and experience of all students no muzzle brakes or compensators are allowed
• Adjustable rifle sling
• Iron sights required and red dot sight or low powered variable optics are optional
• 200 rounds of factory ammunition* (Bi-metal ammunition is prohibited)
• 3x rifle magazines
• Range appropriate clothing; long pants, comfortable shirt, athletic shoes and a ball cap
• Knee and elbow pads (optional)
• Clear, wrap-around ballistic eye and hearing protection
• Notebook with pen/pencil
• Open mind
*The asterisk denotes “firearm rental and ammunition purchase available onsite”
COURSE REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attendance Policy: Once registered, if unable to attend class you may transfer to another class similar to the original. The procedure you must follow is to email: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conflicted class date with the requested new date subject to availability. This email must be received prior to the registered class. If you cancel, you will lose 50% of your registration fee. If you are a no show, you will lose 100% of your registration fee.